Implants are the greatest thing out there when you are missing teeth because it’s the most predictable long-term restorative way to get your function back without the inconveniences of anything removable. It’s the closest thing to your natural tooth as you can ever get. Missing tooth, just one single tooth, has so many effects on the mouth, on the bite, and people don’t realize it, especially if it’s in the back.
Maybe it’s not that big of a deal, I don’t miss it, but it does have severe consequences to your overall oral health and your function. Replacing those missing teeth is imperative to keeping the remainder of your teeth. So whether you’re missing one tooth or all your teeth, there are several options, several ways to get you your smile back, get your function back. The nice thing is it’s all done under one roof. And, you know, when you come in we do all the necessary diagnostics to figure out what the best option is for you and get you that smile.
Implants Let You Smile Boldly & Eat What You Want
Humans have been dealing with missing teeth for as long as we have been on the planet. While one missing tooth is bad enough and can cause problems, if you have few or no natural teeth left, you may be miserable. Fortunately, implants can make a world of difference in your life. These artificial tooth roots are inserted into your jawbone, serving as a base for several types of replacement teeth.
Unlike some dental offices, the team at Desert Palm Dentistry can place as well as restore your implants right here. Your entire implant procedure will be completed in one convenient location. We’ll use advanced technology like a 3-D CT scanner to plan your treatment and ensure that you receive the best results possible.
We’ll go over your dental implant options during your consultation, but they could include:
- Single Implant With a Crown – For a single missing tooth, we’ll place one implant, wait for your jaw to heal, then attach a crown to it to give you back your tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – This type of bridge anchors to two or more dental implants to fill in the gap in your smile and make your biting and chewing easier.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Using a snap-and-ball system, these dentures will stay firmly in place without slipping or moving. They are much more stable than conventional dentures.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – All the forces of biting and chewing are transferred to your jawbone with these dentures. This setup, using a sturdy metal bar, makes them our most comfortable and stable dentures.
- All-on-6 Dental Implants – Your dentist can attach a complete arch of teeth using just six dental implants. You won’t ever have to remove these teeth for cleaning or care. Any needed maintenance is performed by your dentist
- Same-Day Smile – With this procedure, you can get your implants and replacement teeth on the same day. This is an innovative way to restore your smile and never be without your teeth again.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – For widespread dental damage or tooth loss, your dentist can develop a treatment plan to restore all your teeth, giving you back a complete smile and renewing your chewing capacity.