From the moment you walk through the door with our front staff, they’re very pleasant to speak with, so we try to minimize the anxiety from the moment you walk through the door. We offer conscious sedation, we offer IV sedation, so there’s different ways of trying to relieve the anxiety depending on the level of fear the patient has.
I think the elimination of anxiety is key because those who are fearful of coming to the dentist typically have more issues from a dental perspective, so by being able to get rid of that anxiety means healthier mouths, healthier smiles, which is primarily our goal. We try to make the room as comfortable as possible. Patients can watch a movie. We offer blankets, we offer pillows, get them nice and cozy before their procedure.
So I would recommend, number one, getting a consult. Coming in, you express all your fears or questions, concerns to us, and we will come up with a plan that best suits you and gets you squared away.
Trust Our Team to Help You Remain Relaxed
The team at Desert Palm Dentistry has many years of experience helping anxious patients through their dental fear. Our crew members are specially trained to help you relax, no matter what kind of procedure you’re having done. We will proceed at a pace that’s comfortable for you, taking time to answer any questions you have and keeping you fully informed. In addition, we offer three types of soothing sedation to help take the edge off any anxiety you may have:
- Inhaled Sedation – Just breathe in laughing gas. In moments you’ll begin to feel relaxed from head to toe. You’ll feel like yourself again within minutes after your treatment. You’ll be able to drive yourself home.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – You’ll take a small pill that will give you a completely stress-free dental appointment, whether you’re receiving an exam or implants. You’ll feel groggy for a few hours, so you’ll need a ride home.
- IV Sedation – An anesthesiologist administers this form of sedation, which will put you in a sleep-like state. As with oral sedation, you’ll want to get a ride home.
Besides our sedation options, we offer you a full menu of comfort options:
- Pillows for head and neck support
- Blankets to help you feel cozy
- TVs for a welcome diversion
- Headphones for your favorite music
Call Desert Palm Dentistry today at (623) 288 3819 to schedule an appointment. You can also make an appointment online. If you’re nervous about dental care, come to the experts at relieving dental anxiety in Glendale.