We see the entire family at one time, so it doesn’t matter how old you are, we’ll see everybody, and then from there, we customize every patient’s treatment according to what their needs are. We focus on making sure they’re being seen routinely. Again, we focus on preventative care, trying to avoid the issues that can arise down the road. You don’t wanna wait till you’re in pain, or if there is something wrong, usually it’s to another level that can be avoided. So, our main focus is while you’re here, we can prevent a lot of these things, and then even if something is going on, we can catch it early on, so that you don’t necessarily have to go through the pain.
Keep Your Smile & Bite Healthy With General Dental Care
General dentistry is important if you want your smile to send the right message to the world. After all, surveys reveal that virtually all Americans (99.7 percent) believe that a smile is an important social asset. You naturally want others to see your best side, and the team at Desert Palm Dentistry can help you do that. We offer several types of general dentistry:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – You’ll receive a comprehensive exam, including an oral cancer screening, along with a cleaning using ultrasonic equipment. This technology results in a mouth that looks and feels great, with less scraping. Plus you can see inside your mouth with our intraoral cameras.
- Preventive Treatments – We may recommend fluoride treatments or dental sealants for your kids to help them maintain a healthy smile. Fluoride will remineralize their teeth to keep them strong and cavity-free, while sealants form a protective barrier against decay-causing bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Depending on your circumstances, we may recommend a deep cleaning with scaling and root planing and/or using a special rinse at home to fight bacteria below the gumline. We’ll help put your smile back on track.
- Custom Mouthguards – If you’re an athlete, we can make you a professional mouthguard to protect your smile while you play. We also offer mouthguards to stop bruxism (teeth grinding), which can damage your tooth enamel and require repair with restorative dentistry.
- Dry Mouth and Halitosis (Bad Breath) Treatment – Our team can educate you and give you recommendations for products to help you manage these chronic conditions. Your mouth will feel more comfortable, and you’ll avoid embarrassing social situations.